Electrical / Electronics Engineer
Due to continued expansion of the business we have a great opportunity for an experienced Electrical/Electronics Engineer to join a friendly team in our well- established Defence engineering business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design of electrical and electronic control systems and ancillary equipment, and provide expert support for manufacturing, testing and maintenance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engineering design, specifications and documentation for hardware and software control systems.
- Technical aspects of design to customer requirements and timescales.
- Selection of electrical/electronic hardware for design in accordance with customer requirements, including MoD, involving liaison with suppliers.
- Liaise with appropriate people at regular intervals.
- Testing and fault finding of control and test systems, including preparation of relevant documentation.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Relevant electrical/electronic engineering qualification, such as a time- served apprenticeship, HND or degree.
- Experience of electrical and electronic manufacturing.
- Ability to build successful client partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Candidates must have a positive attitude, strong presentation skills and a professional presentation.
- Able to travel to other tpgroup sites and to the offices of clients, sub-contractor and suppliers as required, including travel to MoD sites.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years
The following are preferred, but not essential:
- Associate or Chartered membership of the IET.
- Familiarity with military equipment requirements.
- Experience of hardware and software of Programmable Controllers
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC Step 7
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
tpgroup is a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes.
Working in partnership with stakeholders, including systems integrators, original equipment manufacturers and end-users we design, deliver and support high-integrity mission-critical systems and services.
TPG Maritime Limited, based in Portsmouth is a member of tpgroup plc; within the Technology & Engineering business stream. We are the world’s leading supplier ofatmosphere management systems including submarine air purification equipment for many international programmes.
Based upon 75 years of engineering heritage and leveraging our unique knowledge, skills and experience, Technology & Engineering combines a range of high-end capabilities to produce high-integrity equipment from factory facilities in Portsmouth and Manchester.
Our highly skilled multidisciplinary engineering teams apply our advanced technology to produce solutions for our customers, which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments.
We have the experience of working in highly regulated industries and safety critical environments, across the whole lifecycle from concept to disposal.
Company benefits include:
- 25 days’ holiday
- 4.5 day week
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
To apply for this role, please send a CV and a covering note detailing your current salary and benefits package.