Scientist/Senior Scientist, DMPK
Redx Pharma discovers and develops proprietary, small molecule drugs to address areas of high unmet medical need in cancer and fibrosis. In cancer, we pursue targeted therapies where a biomarker can potentially be used for selecting those patients that are most likely to benefit from therapy, and/or drugs that are designed to disrupt cancer resistance pathways. In fibrosis, we are focused on developing treatments that will stop and reverse the formation of fibrotic tissue. In both therapeutic areas, we aim to develop drugs whose profile suggests they will be best in class, if not first in class.
The DMPK group liaise closely with colleagues in medicinal chemistry and biology to help drive forward the identification and optimisation of novel drug candidates. As a Scientist/Senior DMPK Scientist you will be involved with supporting both in vitro and in vivo profiling of RedX compounds to determine their ADME characteristics. You will also be responsible for the training and development of more junior staff within the Department and assisting in providing general DMPK training across other disciplines.
- To undertake various in vitro ADME profiling assays such as metabolic stability (microsomes, hepatocytes), binding (plasma protein binding, foetal calf serum binding, tissue binding etc), cytochrome 450 inhibition, time dependent inhibition and cytochrome P450 reaction phenotyping assays.
- To operate lab instrumentation, including LC-UC and LC-MS/MS, and perform analyses to deliver assay data.
- To undertake in vivo ADME assays (profiling of compounds to determine pharmacokinetic parameters and performing human dose prediction). This includes study design, formulation preparation and bioanalysis of samples. To perform non-compartmental analysis on data sets.
- To upload results to company database and report results to project teams.
- To work closely with other members of the Department to permit project progression within required time frames, and to maximise output and reduce time lines in the provision of data from all analytical and DMPK assays.
- Results orientation
- Innovation & Creativity
- Project Management
- People Management/Developing Others
- BSc, MSc or PhD in a Science related discipline
- A minimum of 5years in a relevant previous drug discovery and/or research experience in the DMPK discipline.
- Significant experience of the operation, use, optimisation and maintenance of a Waters TQS LC-MS/MS.
In return, we will offer you the opportunity to work at an exciting drug discovery company where you will get exposure to a broad range of activities and develop your drug discovery skills.
The closing date for applications will be 18th January 2019.