We won’t sugar coat it, it’s a challenging environment where we all get in and get the job done whatever it takes to ensure our products are the best of the best.
Tell Me More!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will design, build and run systems, tools and micro-services supporting a range of applications.
You will setup a very modern 'infrastructure as code' and development environment utilising Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform with a strong CI focus. This is a fantastic opportunity to build your own career with a team scaling at a good pace.
It is also an opportunity to work with one of the leading companies in the online gambling industry.
- Experience of AWS in a production system;
- Exposure to Windows, Linux;
- Experience across Continuous Integration, deployment pipelines, and automation tools (Jenkins);
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt);
- Good understanding of the Hashicorp Suite (Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul);;
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm;
- Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (OpsView, Nagios, ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix, etc.);
- Networking knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing (Software/hardware), CDN;
- Security knowledge including Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM, IDaM, DDOS;
- Experience working within an environment where operational support and monitoring of code & systems is part of the culture;
- Ensuring the compliance of responsible gaming protocols;
- Any other duties as requested by the company.
Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience of automating and deploying software to production;
- Ability to find creative solutions and implement them in a fast pace work environment;
- Technical analysis experience translating business requirements into functionality;
- Ability to work as part of a team (but take individual ownership and responsibility);
- Excellent written communication skills (articulate and polite);
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a calm manner and an ability to handle difficult situations;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Degree or equivalent qualification desirable (ideally in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar discipline);
- Passionate about quality;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact professionally with a diverse group of people;
- Experience implementing scalable software systems and platforms;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Valid working visa.
It’s not all about the work!
At Spacebar Media we are dedicated to not only finding the best people to work for us, but once you are here we want to make sure you stay.
Along with a competitive salary package we also offer on completion of probation:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
We also have great stuff like free fruit, a very busy Nespresso Coffee Machine, regular company social events, an arcade room and a great team of people to work with.
If you think you have the skill set and passion to join us please apply below.
Spacebar Media Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
We will endeavour to get back to you within two weeks of you submitting your application, however if you do not hear back from us after this time unfortunately you will not have been successful to the next stage.