You will be working on the corporate design for our company and have great experience in print along with web design. As our website is made in Webflow if you have experience of this it is a plus point! If not, you will be open to and excited by the thought of working with and mastering this new tool.
You are an exceptionally creative thinker, capable of developing innovative ideas, concepts and pixel-perfect final designs. When given a brief, you can work on it from start to finish, involving the right people as necessary and proposing designs that are on brand and fit within our visual design language. Your way of working involves collaborating and communicating with other team members to ensure that time and effort is not wasted travelling down creative roads that will result in the wrong output. You’re hungry to learn from others and develop your skills, and are just as keen to share new insights and knowledge with your colleagues.
The team continually critique each other’s work in order to improve the final result. This is music to your ears as you are open to listening to other people’s thoughts on your creative work, and do not covet your first idea as being “The One”. That said, you are also able to effectively convey your reasoning for particular designs and the value they might bring to a given project.
Tools like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Sketch are very familiar to you, however, you are open to trying new things and exploring the potential for improving workflows.
- Develop concepts into engaging and elegant designs that delight, inspire and persuade our customer, including graphics and layouts for a wide range of materials: websites, logos, presentation slides, corporate literature, exhibition displays, email templates, posters, brochures and stationery.
- Ensure all internal and outwardly facing assets (online, digital, and print) are adhering to the brand guidelines
- Collaborate with senior designers to design and build new content within the corporate website.
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for jobs to clients and stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for our relationships with external printers to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Confidently present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
- Prepare rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief to facilitate conversations with clients (mostly the marketing team) on format, timescales and design style.
- Raise the bar of our creative execution
- Degree in graphic or interaction design, or other relevant field
- A proven background in creative design experience gained in innovative tech companies, or for a creative agency
- Ability to act quickly, be proactive and to work autonomously
- Experience working with innovative aspirational brands and products
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods, innovation, and ideation tools
- Skills in graphics and typography
- Effective communicator
- Organised, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Desired software knowledge: WebFlow, Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Sketch, InVision, Mailchimp, WordPress (or other CMS)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, Adobe CC, Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- A dazzling online portfolio
Bonus skills & experience:
- Motion Design
- Knowledge of design systems
- Version control using Abstract
- Mobile app prototyping
- Competitive rate of pay
- 5% employer matched Pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- BUPA Health Insurance including Partners and Children cover
- Free Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A challenging and fun environment