DIGITAL FORENSIC SPECIALIST
MASS, a technology company requires a Digital Forensic Specialist with mobile device examination experience and hardware skills to reduce the backlog and maintain a business as usual approach on a managed service contract based in London.
We are looking for individuals with knowledge and understanding of communication devices and systems at a technical level with experience in a relevant coding/scripting language, e.g. C#.net, Python and Java.
- Undertake digital forensic examinations including research into novel methods for the extraction and analysis of data from digital electronic devices.
- Manage workloads
- Work in partnership with our Customer Directorate and Managers to develop and deliver change
- Attend court as a technical witness and be able to offer expert evidence where appropriate
- Work individually and within a team to meet organisational objectives
- Collate and provide management information
- Ensure compliance with quality management systems, working to ISO 17025 standards
- Comply with all health and safety obligations
- To work within the Directorate’s Quality Management System and actively participate in the continuous improvement of the system by engaging in audits, competence tests, reporting non-conformances, etc and suggesting changes to improve the system.
- Experience using the equipment/tools used to recover, analyse and process digital data
- A technical understanding of modern operating systems, commonly used computing/communications devices and forensic analysis techniques
- Understanding of rules regarding evidence gathering and its presentation at court
- Working knowledge of relevant legal issues (CPIA, PACE and Human Rights Act etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to systematically undertake research and development projects
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline and/or significant relevant experience:
- You will be required to hold or be prepared to undergo, UK security clearance + NPPV3
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer