IT Support Engineer
We have an exciting new vacancy for an IT Support Engineer working within our IT team in Sheffield. The IT Support Engineer will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business, providing back up and support to the ERP Support manager; including out of hours support. Reporting directly to the Group ERP Support Manager, the position will provide exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
Hours of work will be Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm (1 hour unpaid lunch)
Principle Accountabilities/ Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Supporting IT projects as instructed by the IT manager
- Providing desktop and server support
- Maintaining the Microsoft Server/Desktop environment
- Installing/configuring desktops and laptops
- Installing authorised software on laptops and desktops
- Monitoring security and patching of operating systems
- Fault finding hardware and software issues
- Expedite requests to the Helpdesk promptly and efficiently
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts
- Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
The ability to work as part of the team as well as taking responsibility for key skilled jobs is essential. Candidates must be reliable, confident communicators, responsible, have worked with several different IT systems and software programs, and have a good eye for detail.
If you are interested in this position please apply to the HR Department with a cover letter and copy of your CV.