LabVIEW Software Engineer (Geneva)
A.D.A.M SA (Applications of Detector and Accelerators to Medicine) is working on the R&D and production of accelerators for medical applications. It is a research company, inspired by CERN and a subsidiary of Advanced Oncotherapy plc. A.D.A.M SA is head-quartered in Meyrin/Switzerland and its laboratories are based at CERN. A.D.A.M SA is involved in a hadron cancer-therapy project to build the linear proton accelerator LIGHT (Linac for Image Guided Hadron Therapy). LIGHT’s proton energies range from 70 MeV to 230 MeV and its beam properties are ideally suited for the effective treatment of cancerous tumors. We are aiming to provide a clinically superior and cost-effective alternative to conventional radiation therapy solution, ensuring that clinicians and patients have choices, and that proton therapy is available more widely. More information on the Company can be found on www.avoplc.com.
The successful candidate is expected to gather input for integration of accelerator subsystems into the LIGHT control system and follow up off-site LabVIEW development on non-real time PXIe targets.
The LabVIEW Software Engineer will be based in ADAM, Geneva, for a fixed period of two years, with possibility of extension. They will join the Fast Accelerator Control System Team, part of the Control System Group.
This function may require travel to subcontractors for execution of FAT/SAT related activities within Europe.
Main activities are to:
- Gather requirements and elaborate designs to integrate accelerator subsystems
- Review documentation to ensure specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent
- Prepare test cases and execute commissioning with the integrated subsystems
- Write technical documentations such as requirements, architecture, interface documents, test plans and manuals
- Follow up, support and guide the external development and carry out the acceptance including code reviews
- A Master degree in software engineering, computing, electronics or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in LabVIEW development, preferably object-oriented LabVIEW
- Strong background in software design techniques, including object-oriented analysis and design, software patterns and the Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Understanding of system integration and system architecture in the accelerator machine equipment domain
- significant experience in finding advanced engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- Proven experience with the whole product lifecycle from requirements gathering until testing and delivery;
- Basic knowledge of version control systems, i.e. git
- Ability to discuss with multi-disciplinary specialists in-house as well as external stakeholders
- Spoken and written knowledge of English with the ability to draw up technical texts
- Open-minded, cooperative and proactive team member
- Demonstrating accountability, flexibility with a solution driven approach to problems
- Willingness to acquire and share knowledge
The following additional experience would be an advantage:
- Previous projects to integrate accelerator subsystems
- Handling of digital and analogue signals, processing of data acquired via bus-connections or serial interfaces
For further information please contact Sabrina.email@example.com
What we offer
- a competitive salary and contribution to healthcare costs
- 24 days holiday plus the CERN closing days (approx. 6 days per year)
- enhanced employment rights including 2/3rd contribution to pension
- a friendly, international working environment with experts in their field
- career progression through training, development and attendance at conferences
- the chance to be at the cutting-edge of proton therapy research
Interested candidates should submit
• • • • •
The positions will remain open until filled.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
a cover letter
a curriculum vitae,
a master degree certificate or equivalent in a relevant field
at a minimum, the names of 2 referees, or two letters of recommendation, and/or employment certificates any other relevant certificates, i.e. LAbVIEW certificates