Manager – Cell Biology Services (Screening)
As a result of ongoing growth within the Screening Business Unit, we have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Manager to join our leadership team. As Manager of the Cell Biology Services team, you will be responsible for a team of scientists carrying out cell-based processes and screening operations for standard and configurable compound or CRISPR-Cas9 screens.
- Ensure effective deployment of all people, materials, processes, systems and equipment with a customer-first mindset, to deliver projects to customers on time, profitably and to the required quality.
- Manage a team of scientists working in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Provide effective performance feedback and empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Maintain transparent communication and appropriately communicate organisation information
- Where required, manage the recruitment process for new hires.
- Create an operating plan that is understood and agreed by Head of Screening, Screening Platform Leaders and Project Managers
- Ensure each production workflow is fully defined, monitored and reported on appropriately
- Implement production practices that enable the current headcount to increase output
- Issue a rolling plan of improvements and publish updates to it as part of routine reporting
- Deliver KPIs/metrics that help develop our services
- Drive a culture of high throughput with quality and continuous improvement at the centre
- Lead work to execute standard and configured screening offerings at high throughput using controlled processes.
- Drive continuous improvement and change-control to improve the controlled processes
- Working with key stakeholders, continually implement new standards to keep our offer market relevant
Essential Competencies & Requirements
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and empowerment capacity to inspire and ignite others and to develop their talents and abilities.
- Experience of successfully leading change initiatives
- Experienced people manager, ideally in cross functional teams and with multiple direct reports
- Experienced of cell-based production and/or validation activities, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working and implementing in a regulated environment.
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
- Experience of pooled and arrayed high-throughput screening assays
- Experience in using LIMS and automation equipment
- Safe handling and production of lentiviral reagents
Please Apply Here -> https://horizondiscovery.com/en/about-us/careers