Molecular Diagnostics Technician
Premaitha Health is a molecular diagnostics company focused on translating innovative science into clinically useful and commercially valuable products initially in the field of prenatal screening. Premaitha’s products combine information from the human genome with the next generation of sequencing technologies to create applications with great potential to improve human health
Premaitha is an established molecular diagnostics company with a proven track record of introducing novel molecular technologies into routine clinical practice. For individuals with the right combination of enthusiasm, talent and development expertise Premaitha offers an enjoyable and rewarding working environment with opportunities for career development.
Job Title: Molecular Diagnostics Technician
Objective: To design, develop, verify and validate molecular diagnostic products for clinical use.
• Executes laboratory work to excellent standard with meticulous attention to detail
• Work collaboratively with other members of the development team to create products and processes which meet the user needs of our customers
• Carry out experiments designed to analyze, understand and control the variation inherent in the testing process
• Carry out performance studies to determine test parameters
• Implement protocols to demonstrate that tests meet acceptance criteria
• Use of automated sample preparation platforms to complete experimental workflow
• Ensure own work meets regulatory & quality requirements (including compliance to SOPs, documentation using lab books, study plans, study reports and integrity of data)
• General lab maintenance and upkeep
• Degree or further degree (or equivalent) in a life science such as molecular biology, biochemistry or genetics
• Experience of working in a commercial organisation, preferably in the development of in vitro diagnostic products, preferably in a quality environment
• Hands on experience with PCR based assays ideally using next-generation sequencing technologies
• Experience of day to day use and maintenance of automated sample preparation platform, preferably Tecan sample preparation platform
• Meticulous scientific technique and attention to detail
• Enthusiasm, drive, thoroughness, diligence and a willingness to take personal responsibility to ensure that projects are successful
• Good organizational skills and enjoys working to tight timelines
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suit
Please send in your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role.