Network Consulting Engineer
The Cisco Data-Centre Network Consultant works within the Technical Services department and is responsible for providing technical skills to support our customers both onsite and remotely. The role is predominantly about delivery but there are elements of pre-sales and support as well. You will be considered a subject matter expert in Datacentre.
- On a day to day basis, you are focused on designing, implementing and supporting Cisco datacentre solutions across a wide range of customers.
- Taking High Level Design documentation and working with customers and Maintel Project Managers to create the Low Level Design documentation and implementation plans.
- Remote and onsite fault troubleshooting, facilitating customer adds, moves & changes, customer rollouts and other project based installs.
- Assist with qualification of designs and opportunities.
- Attend and present at customer technical workshops and sales opportunities sessions.
- Design and installation of projects focused around Cisco datacentre and also general routing and switching solutions.
- Provide analysis and solution specification based on customer requirements
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Thorough knowledge of the Cisco datacenter portfolio of products.
- You will hold vendor professional certifications specifically CCNP datacentre with latest 300-1XX exams.
- Strong general routing and switching skills.
- You will have in-depth knowledge of Cisco networking solutions including Nexus and the wider Cisco switching and routing portfolio.
- Experience and knowledge of wireless solutions covering AP, Controllers and Management Software.
- Excellent customer facing experience.
- The ability to cross train to other vendor solutions is essential
You will have a proven history of delivering Cisco datacentre solutions across the entire project lifecycle, including:
- Solution Design
- Deployment and configuration
- Post-sales support and documentation
- You will have in-depth knowledge of the wider Cisco switching and routing portfolio.
- Knowledge of other vendors' datacenter products e.g. Extreme and legacy Avaya.
- Knowledge of VMware, Microsoft products and scripting tools.
- Experience and knowledge of Cisco wireless solutions covering APs,controllers and management software.
- Knowledge of other vendors' wireless solutions e.g. Meraki and Aruba
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco Prime.
To apply, please send your CV