PA TO CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, LEGAL AND FINANCE TEAM
Avanti is a world leader in satellite data communications. It pioneered the use of high throughput satellites at the Ka-band frequencies. Major organisations are now using Avanti’s networks for cellular backhaul, IP trunking, complex government and enterprise networks and video services, as well as broadband.
Avanti has also led the market in designing a network with outstanding levels of quality and flexibility. Avanti serves telecoms service providers and believes that these customers are more demanding of quality and resilience than has previously been the case in the much of the satellite industry. For this reason, we designed carrier class network that last year delivered an SLA of 99.999%. For this reason, we are winning business in key high value market segments like government, enterprise and carrier services, as well as pioneering in broadband.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of the CFO and wider support to both the Finance and Legal teams, ensuring that meetings are scheduled accurately and efficiently;
- Prepare minutes of meetings, reports and correspondence as required;
- Screen telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate;
- General office management duties for Legal and Finance floor including meeting room bookings and travel requests;
- Deal with incoming emails, faxes and post, corresponding on behalf of your line managers where required;
- Book travel, arrange visa applications and produce detailed itineraries for national and international travel;Coordination and submission of invoices, purchase orders, credit card and cash expenses;
- Preparation of board reports, Exco reports and pipelines using Salesforce for Senior Management meetings as directed;
- Undertake diary planning and arrange internal and external meetings as required;
- Provide assistance for any ad hoc projects;
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management, filing, etc;
- Provide high level administrative support for your line managers, ensuring that information requested is provided in a timely manner so that your line manager is fully prepared for all meetings in advance;
- Update and monitor internal reports as required
- Maintain Pipeline and prepare pipeline summary;
- Organise and keep up to date Finance and Account Plans;
- Ensure teams or your line managers direct reports send reports in a timely manner and follow up or take action to minimise any delays;
- Support and coordinate activities internally across your line manager’s departments as required;
- Lead ad hoc programmes to drive efficiency across teams as directed;
- Support all channels in the processing of all business within a timely manner as directed by your line managers.
- Provide customer support your line manager’s teams to ensure operational effectiveness;
- Coordinate and manage team activity, managing relevant materials and resources;
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to other EA`s as directed during periods of annual leave or sick leave cover.
Skills and qualifications required
- Educated to A level in English and Maths, Diploma or equivalent experience gained in multi-functional roles;
- Proven experience of working in a similar administrative role;
- Experience of interacting with people at different levels within an organisation;
- Experience of working with highly sensitive and confidential information;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, especially Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Confident telephone manner and excellent verbal communications skills;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Proven organisational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of document management processes.
- Ability to deliver under pressure to given deadlines
- Strategic thinking with strong abilities to problem solve
- Capabilities to lead across cultural teams according to guidance provided by line management
- Excellent communication skills with especially with external customers
- Liaising with other departments key to Line management stakeholder guidance as required
Remuneration will be related to skills and experience.