RF Antenna Engineer
Design and develop base station antennas for the wireless infrastructure industry. The candidate should have a fundamental, working knowledge in designing dual polarized antenna elements including feed structures and phase shifter in the 500-5000MHz frequency range.
The candidate will be expected to have sufficient technical and personal skills to be a capable technical team lead/mentor and be able to manage or direct the technical content of a moderately sized project or technical team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Analyse specifications and data/simulations to determine feasibility of product or proposal and potentially apply findings to higher level sub-systems or systems.
- Detail design antenna product or assigned sub-module(s) using simulation software such as Matlab and HFSS.
- Evaluate and tune design in lab and antenna measurement facility.
- Proven ability to lead the technical design effort from concept to production.
- Liaise with colleagues in Engineering and Sales to clarify or resolve problems and develop design.
- Direct and coordinate production personnel in the proper manufacture of the product.
- Plan and develop experimental test programs that apply to network analyzers and other test equipment to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confer with other engineering personnel and prepare design modifications as required.
- Mentors other members of engineering staff.
- Use computer assisted engineering design software and equipment to formulate and simulate/test antenna designs.
- Effectively interface with customers.
- Ability to demonstrate strong and experienced technical leadership.
- All other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, Master’s degree or Doctorate preferred (or equivalent).
- Practical knowledge of antenna design, preferably base station antenna design.
- Working knowledge at simulating antenna feed distribution networks using circuit simulation and planar design software (or similar).
- Working knowledge of HFSS and Matlab.
- IMD testing using spectrum analyzers.
- Substantial experience in antenna and feed network design.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret common scientific and technical data, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to write articles for publication.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret mechanical design.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to travel occasionally, domestically and internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and negotiation skills.