Senior Scientist -R&D
Horizon Discovery has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join our R&D team based in Cambridge UK to develop and commercialise a novel base editing platform. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist with an interest in CRISPR and gene editing to gain experience working with a cutting edge technology. This is a lab-based role, and candidates should be self-motivated, able to work to tight timelines and be comfortable working under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities.
- To plan and perform experiments independently with minimal supervision, in accordance with project plans.
- Analyse and interpret experimental data; identify and solve experimental problems
- Prepare high quality data packages, clearly disseminating the results of that research to the team and relevant stakeholders
- Maintain an awareness of the current techniques/technologies and apply these to the project
- Report on milestone delivery and project status to the Project Leader
- Be an effective team member in supporting the research and development functions in Horizon
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field (such as cell biology/biochemistry/genetics or a closely related field)
- Considerable post-doctoral experience preferably in the field of CRISPR and/or gene editing
- Good knowledge of genome editing and its application to cell and gene therapy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a matrix-managed environment or as part of a project team
- Experience of working with primary immune cells such as T cells, NK cells
- Experience working in an industry environment
Please Apply Here -> https://horizondiscovery.com/en/about-us/careers