Senior Scientist -R&D
Horizon is a leading life science company that delivers science-driven research solutions advancing the understanding of the genetic basis of disease and the delivery of better healthcare outcomes for patients. We act as a discovery partner for leading pharma and biotech companies worldwide, providing research services and tools to support the development of personalized medicines.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join our R&D team based in Cambridge UK to develop and commercialise a novel base editing platform. In particular, we are looking for a scientist with a background in protein/enzyme engineering to play a key role in the future development and application of the technology. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist looking to gain experience in the field of gene editing/CRISPR. This is a lab-based role, and candidates should be self-motivated, able to work to tight timelines and be comfortable working under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities.
- To plan and perform experiments independently with minimal supervision, in accordance with project plans.
- Analyse and interpret experimental data; identify and solve experimental problems
- Prepare high quality data packages, clearly disseminating the results of that research to the team and relevant stakeholders
- Maintain an awareness of the current techniques/technologies and apply these to the project
- Report on milestone delivery and project status to the Project Leader
- Be an effective team member in supporting the research and development functions in Horizon
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field
- Considerable post-doctoral experience with a strong background in molecular biology and protein engineering, including directed evolution and other approaches for enzyme redesign. Candidates should have experience in protein expression, purification, and characterisation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a matrix-managed environment or as part of a project team
- Knowledge of genome engineering/CRISPR/base editing
- Experience working in an industry environment
Please Apply Here -> https://horizondiscovery.com/en/about-us/careers