Microsaic is a small world leading manufacturer providing cutting edge instrumentation to the chemical industry.
The company manufactures a small Mass Spectrometer which is being targeted at a range of environments including drugs manufacture. The software team provides an application which both controls the instrument’s functions and displays and analyses the data retrieved. The main application is written in Java, and we are developing a new Web interface to the Mass Spectrometer.
We require an intermediate level software engineer with experience developing software in Java and experience developing Web interfaces, to join our small software team.
- Writing Java code that configures and controls the Mass Spectrometer and analyses and displays the scan results;
- Developing our new Web interface to the Mass Spectrometer that will in time replace the current Java GUI;
- Thoroughly testing your own code;
- Supporting customer facing engineers to resolve customer issues;
- Fixing bugs and adding new features; and
- Communicating and collaborating with Microsaic’s multidisciplinary team including software developers and testers, hardware developers, customer relations/support, service support, and senior management.
- Develop our new Web interface (currently a prototype) that will report the state of the instrument and display scan results, and eventually configure the instrument
- Add new features to the Java application, including support for new hardware and to enable the instrument to be used in new environments and workflows
- Fix bugs and provide customer support for the software
- Thoroughly test your own code
- Write unit tests for new and existing code
- Refactor the existing Java code base to improve the structure
- Strong Java 8 (or later) language and library skills including collections
- Strong debugging skills
- Good understanding of multithread software
- Source control tools e.g. SVN or Git
- Issue tracking systems e.g. Jira
- Software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Desirable/Nice to have experience of:
- Linux commands and administration
- Object Oriented Design
- Design patterns
- Design using UML
- Unit testing
- Java Swing GUI development
- Agile process
- Interest in chemistry
- Interest in mass spectrometry
- ISO 9001 processes
- Degree in IT, Maths, Science or similar (2:1 or better).
Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience
Location: Woking, Surrey
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please Apply Here -> https://www.microsaic.com/careers/