The Solution Architect’s primary role is to take responsibility for the overall design of complex, multi-technology customer solutions, providing architectural expertise across the entire breadth of the Maintel product and service portfolio (see required skill section for more information on portfolio content). The Solution Architect provides support to the Bid Management and Sales teams, providing vision and concept level design skills across Maintel’s entire portfolio of products and services and assisting in the initial qualification of bids.
The remit of the Solution Architect is to work as part of a virtual bid team managing and owning the design and articulation of innovative technology solutions that meet the business demands of the customer. While enhancing manufacturer recommended best practices by assisting in the development of Maintel best practices and design guidelines that cross multiple vendors to form proven tightly integrated solutions. The Solution Specialists (Subject Matter Experts in their specific areas) will also work as part of the virtual bid team to provide the high-level design, bill of materials and assistance with response content, etc, under the leadership of the Solution Architect.
To carry out bid stage design activities including but not limited to, requirements gathering/analysis, concept level design outline, presentation creation/delivery, high-level schematic production, documentation writing and to assist the Bid Management and Sales teams with the production of proposals and bid responses. To analyse and understand the business applications in use and identify where communications enablement of these could add value to a customer by increasing productivity, removing inefficiency and driving down costs. To assist the sales team in generating revenue as well as meeting and increasing the minimum margin levels set by the business.
The Solution Architect must be an accomplished presenter who is comfortable presenting technology at board level and to large customer audiences. The quality of all presentation material and documentation produced must be of an extremely high level. It’s important that the Solution Architect retains ownership of the design throughout the life cycle of the project and supports the project management and implementation teams by providing clarification where required during the delivery of the solution through to customer acceptance.
- Customer business outcomes and requirements gathering, and analysis
- Qualification and validation of suitable opportunities in support of sales/business strategy
- To engage with Maintel’s key customer accounts to understand their business challenges, identify cross-sell/up sell opportunities and establish a trusted advisor relationshipInterpretation of tender documentation (ITT, RFP, etc.)
- Bid response writing and reviewing
- Presentation writing and delivery
- Technical ownership of bid responses
- Concept level, end to end solutions designProduce proposal / technical documentation, schematics, etc. which articulate Maintel’s turnkey solutions.
- Act as the virtual lead of the assigned Solution Specialist team to define High-Level Design and Bill of Materials
- To ensure that appropriate levels of concise documentation and cost models are created and maintained for proposed solution.
- Ensure deliverability and operability of the solution created during pre-sales phase.
- Ensure Solution Overviews / High-Level Designs documents are fit for purpose as the basis for a Low-Level Design creation during Delivery
- Maintain overall responsibility for complex solutions supporting low-level design experts during delivery to enable a seamless integration between components.
- Execution and oversight of technical governance around solution design
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A high-level understanding and significant experience of the end to end communications infrastructure layer is required. This includes Unified Communications & Collaboration, Video Conferencing, Contact Centre, Workforce Optimisation, Local Area Networking (LAN), Wireless Local Area Networking (WLAN), Wide Area Networking (WAN – MPLS & P2P), Carrier Voice Services (SIP, ISDN, etc.), Network Security and Mobile.
- A thorough grasp of the following delivery methods and their associated advantages and disadvantages is also required; Traditional On-Premise, Private Cloud, Virtual Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud.
- An understanding of the challenges involved in working in the service industry, with particular emphasis on service led propositions, managed services and consultative selling. With Vendor agnostic product knowledge to offer a true "Trusted Advisor" consultancy service. A high competency in Microsoft Visio and Office suite is essential.
- Capability to balance a demanding workload in a dynamic working environment. An understanding of how to calculate and present Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment business cases is required.
- Ability to form close working relationships with internal and external customer communities, partners/suppliers, and manufacturers.
- A proven track record of leading virtual teams in an enterprise level Presales function.
- Ability to perform peer reviews, audits, standards compliance checks and due diligence as required. Proven understanding of best practices in design methodology (i.e. TOGAF), business processes and frameworks (i.e. PRINCE2, ITIL) used to deliver complex solutions.
- A sound high-level understanding of Avaya, Mitel, Microsoft and/or Cisco technologies would be extremely desirable.
- In addition to the above, any understanding of the following technology areas would also be advantageous: Virtualisation, experience with VMware systems and software.
- A good understanding of TCP/IP, OSPF, MPLS, Switching, RoutingIP Telephony Protocols (SIP, H323, etc.)
- Experience with system designs that include integration of line of business applications
- Ideally, the Solution Architect should hold industry relevant certifications and education to a degree level is desirable
To apply, please send your CV.