Ilika (www.ilika.com) specialises in the accelerated development of new functional materials using cutting-edge high throughput techniques. Ilika is best known for its work in solid state batteries, which it is now commercialising for applications in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Ilika is a publicly listed company with its head office in Southampton. We offer the successful candidate a competitive package and the opportunity to be part of a world class research team using state of the art equipment in a supportive environment.
We are currently looking to strengthen our technical team through the recruit of a Technician with overall responsibility of the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the vacuum cluster production tool.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensure and oversee a continuous and reliable production protocol and environment for the existing manufacturing tool;
- Maintain and repair the existing manufacturing tool.
- Document the details of optimised production workflows for products of various formats;
- Help specify the potential manufacturing requirements for the further scale up of the process to larger production tools.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Minimum qualification level HND although a BSc or BEng/MEng in materials science, physics or physical chemistry would be an advantage;
- Experience in a lab environment or high-tech assembly line (desirable experience includes vacuum production, handling chemicals, monitoring lines/quality control and equipment/lab maintenance);
- The ability to clearly and concisely document workflow protocols related to a manufacturing process;
- Good attention to detail;
- Team player and able to work using own initiative;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels;
- Excellent PC skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer;
- Work to deadlines and agreed service standards;• Confidentiality.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the UK.
Ilika is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.