TRAINING SUPPORT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The role is to identify opportunities and develop successful sales strategies while working with the Training Support Group Head and Head of Business Development (TS), the relevant Training Support delivery teams and the resource management to ensure an effectively resourced, high quality delivery solution is in place for each new customer. The Business Development Manager will also support the writing of proposals and act as a Capture Manager for significant opportunities.
The Business Development Manager is a key player in enabling Training Support to achieve its annual growth targets. The Training Support Business Development Manager is also to support wider pan-MASS growth targets by identifying opportunities for other MASS Groups while pursuing a Training Support focussed BD campaign. The BDM is to be, at all times, an Ambassador for MASS and champion the company’s values to both internal and external Stakeholders.
Mandatory Skill Requirements
- Business Development and Channel/Account Management experience for Defence and/or Security clients with a strong record of achievement.
- Commercial experience including experience of negotiating small to medium contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of Defence & Security Market from the Government and Industry perspective.
- Good background in Defence Research and Development.
- Knowledge of business practices in the UK MoD
- Computer literate – Experienced user of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products as well as Customer Relationship Management solutions.
- Security Clearance or the suitability to be awarded one a.s.a.p.
Desirable Skill Requirements
- Previous consultancy experience.
- Previous Military Service, or a good understanding of military culture and language.
- Minimum Staff College Graduate or equivalent civilian qualification.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm to play a key role in developing the business segment.
- Motivated and confident negotiator with the ability to ‘Close the deal’. Naturally proactive with an ability to grow the existing business and to develop new business opportunities.
- Knowledge of commercial, legal and risk management.
- Experience of working in UK and overseas markets.
- Strong customer/stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Extremely well organised and with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team using excellent leadership and communications skills.
- Strong communication skills, written, oral and presentational.
- Numerate with proven ability to effectively manage a budget.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer